Monday, September 29, 2008

Low Carb Breakfast Ricotta Pancakes


We tried these for breakfast one morning. If you watch the video you can see how easy it was to make them from scratch.

4 eggs
1 cup Ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup soy flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon stevia

In a bowl, beat eggs. Add ricotta, vanilla, flour, oil and stevia. Mix well. Using a tablespoon scoop, scoop batter into hot frying pan. Cook until brown on the bottom. Flip, and cook through.

Serve.


Per pancake (makes 10 pancakes) 3 g carbohydrates, trace fiber, 5 g protein

Low Carb Recipe for Almond Coated Chicken

3 comments:

hemorrĂ³idas said...

It looks like a breakfast I could enjoy, not to heavy but still a bit luxurious.

Mrs Dee said...

Hi! I came across this via a Google search for low carb ricotta pancakes, and gave it a go this morning. They're fantastic! I'd say the texture is more like French toast (what we call "eggy bread" in the UK) than a pancake, but it works very well. The texture of mine may have been slightly different as I used almond flour instead of soy powder, though. They were very tasty and I would happily give these to my kids, too. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I used two eggs and 1/2 cup of egg whites, walnut oil, soy flour, vanilla, Equal, cinnamon and part skim ricotta. This is what I had on hand. They were delicious. I made 8 *3* inch size pancakes and still have 1/2 of the recipe left.